[Orgmode] What is the proper way to set the time span for a diary-float

From: Robert Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] What is the proper way to set the time span for a diary-float appointment?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:29:27 -0500

I wanted to set up a regular meeting that would appear in the agenda
grid.  I discovered that the following works:

... Regular Meeting 13:00-14:00
<%%(diary-float t 2 1)>

This creates a first tuesday of each month meeting, from 1300h to 1400h.
This works because the default for the
org-agenda-search-headline-for-time is t.

Is there a better way to do this?  It seems odd to split the date from
the time.  I didn't find anything that combines the date rules of
diary-float with the ability to also specify a time interval.

If this is the best way, I'll write up a patch to put this into the info
file.

R Horn