Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sparse tree using regexp

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sparse tree using regexp
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 14:04:13 +0100

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Marco (m) Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juri Artamonov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have aquamacs and I have org file. I would like to leave lines that
>> which contains only words TODO or INPROGRESS.
>>
>> I do Ctrl-C + / + / and then enter regular expression. If I enter TODO
>> or just INPROGRESS then it works but when I try to enter
>> TODO|INPROGRESS or TODO\|INPROGRESS in order to see records containing
>> one of these words then no records are shown.
>>
>> Could you please advice how to use regexp here for orgmode?
>
> what about '\(TODO\)\|\(INPROGRESS\)'?

But shouldn't it be possible to get the sparse tree with the simpler
"TODO\|INPROGRESS" regex anyway? I tried it and it worked as expected
(with GNU Emacs on Linux). The OP could also try using the Todo kwd
option, `C-c / T'. When prompted, a simple expression like
"TODO|INPROGRESS" should work. (note the absence of backslash).

Maybe some variable setting is interfering with the matching, or maybe
its an Aquamacs bug. Just a few thoughts.

--
Suvayu