Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel, Python and UTF-8
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:42:55 -1000

Hi Dan,

Emacs configuration is one of the highest barriers to entry for potential adopters of Org-mode, IMO. The idea of context-sensitive configuration is potentially terrific. It gets the user to work more quickly than would otherwise be the case. The problem I've run into is that exiting a buffer doesn't change the configuration back to some initial, or base, state. I'm on to the next task but still configured to do the last thing.

I'm not a software engineer, so this idea might be wacky, but it seems to me that some code to restore the user's start-up settings would be a useful, standard part of an Org-mode file, something like the export template that many (most?) org-mode files use. I think it would be handy to be able to stick something simple in my Org-mode file so that I was confident I knew exactly how Emacs was configured while I was using that file.

Tom