[Orgmode] Re: Refile to a different Org file?

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Refile to a different Org file?
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:52:26 -0500

Matt Lundin [mailto:address@hidden wrote:

>"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:
>> Org-agenda-refile still doesn't find the categories within other files.
And
>> now completion is broken for categories even within the main todo file.
But
>> this a viable alternative because:
>
>>>  BTW, I use unique category names across all files using this
>>> structure:
>>>
>>> * Tasks
>>> #+CATEGORY: DM_Tasks
>
> Could you clarify what you mean by categories in this context? Are you
> expecting to find individual headlines such as "Tasks," or are you
> looking for the category name ("DM_TASKS") in the prompt? AFAIK, the
> latter is not possible.

Hi Matt:

I expected completion to work on Category names, in this case
DM_Tasks.  It worked like that when I had only the single todo.org
file, when my org-refile-targets was nil.  It finds headlines (such as
Tasks) just fine.

> (As an aside, the method of adding categories above has been deprecated.
> Using the :CATEGORY: property is a safer method.)

Thanks for letting me know.  As I wrote earlier, I'm happy with the
solution.
I will clean up my org files to match current convention.

- Ray

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>