[Orgmode] specifying priority with template expansion

From: David A. Thompson
Subject: [Orgmode] specifying priority with template expansion
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 12:00:22 -0800

An expansion for setting priority doesn't seem to be an option when using capture functionality with template expansion (at least in the online documentation). Instead, setting priority seems to require a few additional key strokes after capturing an item.

Is there a straightforward way to pull off cuing for priority in a capture template? Mailing list/google searches didn't reveal much along these lines leaving me wondering if I've missed something obvious...

Thanks for any and all suggestions (I've found org-mode to be a very helpful tool -- thanks to the authors/contributors for their efforts).

- Alan