[Orgmode] Is it possible to do literate programming without org-babel?

From: I.S.
Subject: [Orgmode] Is it possible to do literate programming without org-babel?
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 08:09:42 -0500

Dear Experts,

I think org-babel is great and use it when I can. But on larger projects where some people are not emacs users, it may not be feasible for the master file to be an org-mode file.

Do you have any suggestions on using literate programming techniques when the source code must be in a .py file?

One thing I have tried is switching to org-mode when I want to write comments, create links, etc. and do that in org-mode and then switch back to python mode. This actually works reasonably well but it's annoying to switch modess.

Any better ideas?

--
Thanks,
-I.S.