Re: [Orgmode] Re: Having (too) many files in org-agenda-files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Having (too) many files in org-agenda-files
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 08:57:48 +0000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Anyway, I now do have found the culprit: the =column-marker= package (which
>> > highlights my columns 78, 79 and 80 of text), loaded in my .emacs file by
>> > this
>> > snippet):
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Though, such a capability being really nice, do you know some replacement
>> > for
>> > this?
>>
>> Maybe check out /develock-mode/ in Emacs 23.x.
>>

> The description and comments on emacswiki.org are quite colorful (in
> a sick sort of way :-) ):
>
> "I tried it in Lisp mode and it filled my buffer with so much ketchup
> and mustard I nearly fell off my chair."

Love it!  That's exactly how I feel about it.

The only thing I can figure is that whoever wrote this mode must be
colour blind... :(

>> Aside: Personally, I don't like it and I wish I could figure out how to
>> turn it off so if anybody can help with this, I would greatly appreciate
>> it!  It appears to be turned on by default in some modes (not org,
>> luckily) but I have no found any hook which turns it on...
>
> M-x locate-library <RET> develock <RET>
>
> M-x shell <RET>
> rm /path/from/locate-library/above/develock.*
>
> restart emacs and fix the errors
>
> :-)

Okay, a little drastic but I may yet reach this point...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.163.g76877)