[Orgmode] Synchronize files among computers via MobileOrg, and create ta

From: Jing Su
Subject: [Orgmode] Synchronize files among computers via MobileOrg, and create tasks from iPhones?
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:26:59 -0600

Dear all,

Just curious that if we could push to the MobileOrg server, e.g., DropBox, from a computer, and pull it down from another computer, so that we can synchronize org files on different computers via MobileOrg. I used to use CVS for synchronizing, but now SSHing in and out are blocked at my working places, so I can no longer synchronize files between home computers and work computers via ssh+cvs. Could someone kindly suggest some methods to securely synchronize files without ssh please?

It would also be great if more functions of the org-mode (e.g., creating new tasks) can be accessed from an iPhone. I am struggling to decide if I should stay with Org-mode (I love Emacs) or switch to outlook. I can access all functions of my online calendars from my iPhone or from Outlook or a web browser on any computer; but for MobileOrg, I have to put things as notes on my iPhone, then do the copy/paste later when I can access my MAIN desktop -- synchronizing org files among computers is painful, as I just explained, so I have to set one as the MAIN desktop for using the org-mode.

Best,

Jing