Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Creating files for a Kindle
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:30:24 +0000

Mark,

On 28 November 2010 18:08, <address@hidden> wrote:
One thing that works for me is this: export a file or subtree to html,
then send to [myname]@kindle.free.com.  Then, when my Kindle is
connected to the internet, it will automatically download Amazon's
conversion of my html file.  This happens pretty quickly, in my
experience, so it will almost certainly be faster than other methods
described in this thread.

I'm a little confused by this as it seems that if you are within Whispernet range the file is sent to your Kindle but will cost 99 cents per file (its per Megabyte, but rounded up to nearest Mb, and 15 cents if you are in the US) , but I agree costs apart this would seem the easiest solution.  I'm not sure how this approach works with graphics.

It's too expensive an approach for me.

Graham