Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export of lists

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export of lists
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 04:11:10 -1000

Aloha Richard,
On Nov 27, 2010, at 8:40 PM, Richard Lawrence wrote:

Hi Tom,

Is there an easy way to keep text following a list with the list, i.e,
without a blank line following the list, during export?

* List
 1. First item
 2. Second item
Following text.

Gets exported as:

\section{List}
\label{sec-1}

\begin{enumerate}
\item First item
\item Second item
\end{enumerate}

Following text.

I don't want a blank line between \end{enumerate} and "Following text."

Is this because you don't want to start a new paragraph in LaTeX?  I
have used \noindent on the occasions when I have run into this issue.

* List
 1. First item
 2. Second item
\noindent
Following text

Not necessarily pretty, but it works, if you're just looking to prevent
indentation.

Best,
Richard

Thanks for this suggestion.

I'm typesetting the list inside a paragraph.  The example I gave should look something like this when typeset:

(i) First item (ii) Second item Following text

\noindent doesn't put "Following text" on the same line as "Second item."  With \noindent I get this:

(i) First item (ii) Second item
Following text

The blank line following the exported list is really a problem in this context.  I'm hoping there is an easy way to suppress it, or at least some way to do so, even if it isn't easy.

All the best,
Tom

All the best,
Tom