Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel problem

From: Erik Butz
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel problem
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:37:04 +0100

Hi,

people with more git experience should comment here, but it seems with:
~/elisp/org-mode $ git status

you will get a list of currently untracked files in the local working
directory. These are of course both files or directories deleted from
the repository (as /lisp/babel) but also files that you included
locally to extend your local installation.

In my case the above yielded:
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       Makefile.old
#       contrib/docbook2twiki.xsl
#       contrib/lisp/org-taskjuggler.el
#       lisp/babel/
#       lisp/org-R.el
#       lisp/org-twiki.el
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

so the lisp/babel directory shows up there. In principle there is "git
clean", but looking at what it would do:
> git clean -n
Would remove Makefile.old
Would remove contrib/docbook2twiki.xsl
Would remove contrib/lisp/org-taskjuggler.el
Would not remove lisp/babel/
Would remove lisp/org-R.el
Would remove lisp/org-twiki.el

it explicitly states that it would NOT remove the lisp/babel
directory. But at least both these things can tell you what is maybe
still there but not actually in the repository anymore (+your personal
files).

If anyone has a good way to keep the installation clean w/o having to
make a new clone each time, any hints would be appreciated ;)

Thanks,

Erik