Re: [Orgmode] [bug] beamer export envargs for column not working properl

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [bug] beamer export envargs for column not working properly
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 08:50:54 +0100

On Nov 21, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Hi Eric,

could you make me a slightly more complete example, with your beamer
setup?  So a full test file that will show this behavior?

Thanks.

- Carsten

Sure. The attached example has a single slide. With the file as it is,
i.e. with an ignored heading for the second column of the slide, the
slide overlay directive is thrown away upon export.

If you change the headline of the second column to be a block heading
(C-c C-b b), on export the overlay directive is not thrown away but it
is attached to the block and not the column.  This is okay in that
accomplishes the same purpose (in this case but not others); however, it
does not match the documentation in any case.

Hi Eric,

thank you for the more detailed example.  I think this should
be fixed now.  The documentation was not really wrong, because
it only mentioned c[...] and not c<...>.  But I agree that
there is not reason to no allow this.

Thanks, Eric, for your continuous effort to help improving Org!
We would not have BEAMER export without you, I think - a fact
that is now mentioned in the manual, in the acknowledgement
section.

Cheers

- Carsten

Thanks,
eric

<beamertest.org>
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.104.gf692)