Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:09:48 +0000

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2010-11-17, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I apologise for jumping into the middle of a conversation but your
>
> It's an open conversation.  Jump away.  :)

Thanks!

>> reference to longlines-mode brings to mind visual-line-mode which was
>> introduced in Emacs 23 (I believe).  This mode turns on =word-wrap= as
>> well which makes the text look like it has been filled (i.e. soft
>> returns in your parlance) without actually changing the underlying
>> text.
>
> This is tempting, but (1) I am stuck with 22 for now and (2) I am not
> yet comfortable with the idea.  I'm not sure it will work with git,
> magit, diff-mode, ediff, etc. the way I want it to.

I completely understand (1) so that is enough reason to not consider
visual-line-mode.  I used to have the same constraint when using one of
my handheld units...

However, I don't really understand what you are saying in point (2).
What is "it" in "not sure _it_ will work"?  If you are referring to
visual-line-mode, it only affects the display on the screen (for text
buffers) and has absolutely no impact on version control or any tool
that works with the underlying file.

cheers,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.124.g6e3f)