[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 00:15:17 +0100

Hi Eric,

(will answer to the other posts later, need to go and rest)

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Tested it (yesterday) for HTML. Per-fect!  Thanks a lot... It's of great use.
>
> great, thanks for testing

Confirmed.

>> Tried to test it (now) for LaTeX. Can't, for the same reason as
>> described in:
>>
>>    [[http://mid.gmane.org/80eiadw0dh.fsf%40missioncriticalit.com]]
>>    [2010-11-22 Mon 21:48]
>
> After looking at this message I don't understand what the error is, are
> you getting a "void-function -mode" error when exporting to LaTeX?  The
> following exports fine to LaTeX for me w/o error.

As David explained, it must be a bad interaction of the "src native
fontification". Solved by coming back to Org master, only applying your patch,
and staying (temporarily) in "no native fontification" mode.

>> Though, already a couple of comments:
>>
>> 1. I guess there is one little typo in your patch:
>>    +     (wrap "#+BEGIN_LaTe\n" "#+END_LaTeX"))
>
> Fixed version attached, Thanks

Tested it. Works perfect... after, of course, defining a new environment,
such as (used for my test, after loading package =xcolor=):

#+begin_src latex
\newenvironment{RESULT}[0]%
{\color{green}}
{}
#+end_src

Only "glitch" is, when applying your patch:

#+begin_src sh
address@hidden:~/src/org-mode 0$ git apply
0001-wrap-results-header-argument-wraps-code-block-result.patch
0001-wrap-results-header-argument-wraps-code-block-result.patch:29: trailing
whitespace.
        (cond
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.
#+end_src

There are, indeed, a couple of spaces and tabs after one of the 2 conds you
introduce in the patch. Why is it a problem (even if a warning only), I have
no idea?

>> 2. Could you make the wrap on by default?
>
> No

Why not?  Because one needs first to add a environment in LaTeX?  Other reasons?

> but you can by adding (:results . "wrap") to `org-babel-default-header-args'
> in your personal configuration.

OK.

> Although I guess if this is turned on by default then there should be a way
> to turn it off, either a "nowrap" header argument or a "plain" header
> argument or something that would be on by default.

This would certainly be useful at some point in time, yes.

> So do you think this could be applied to the core?  If not what changes
> would you recommend?

I vote for applying it to master.

Thanks a lot, once more!

Best regards,