Re: [Orgmode] Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Inserting text into the <head> part of an HTML document?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:13:09 -0600

Stephen,

There may be a better answer, but I see in the
doc-string for org-export-html-style, that:

As the value of this option simply gets inserted into the HTML <head>
header, you can \"misuse\" it to add arbitrary text to the header.
See also the variable `org-export-html-style-extra'.

However, I doubt you want to use the 'org-export-html-style' variable,
since it looks like you have to specify the entire header, but
perhaps the 'style-extra' version will do what you want?

--Erik

Stephen Eglen wrote:
I'm using org-mode to export an html file of my org file.  I'd like to
add the following line to the <head>  ... </head> section of the
document:

#+HTML: <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

[This line tells search indexes not to index the file.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=93710
]

but the HTML directive puts it in the body, rather than the head.
Any ideas how I'd get it into the head?  I tried +HTML_HEADER as an
analogy to LATEX_HEADER, but that doesn't seem to be defined.

Thanks, Stephen

org-version
"7.02trans"