[Orgmode] Re: Configuration query

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Configuration query
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:47:10 +0100

Hi Thomas,

"Thomas S. Dye" wrote:
> This might be a naive query, but I'm wondering if there is some standard way
> to put the emacs configuration back to a previous state  outside of the
> customization interface?
>
> I'm finding that I frequently work with Org-mode files that need different
> configurations.  I typically have a #+begin_src emacs-lisp  block in these
> files that I can execute with C-c C-c, so that emacs  behaves the way the file
> requires for the task at hand.  When I'm  done, though, and jump onto the next
> task, which might depend on my  standard configuration to work correctly, I
> sometimes find that the  changes I've made break things.  At this point, I
> typically save, quit  emacs and start over.
>
> What I'd like to do is be able to have, in each file that contains an
> emacs-lisp source block that changes the configuration, a  corresponding
> source code block that puts things back the way they  were before the block
> was executed.
>
> Perhaps there is an easy way to do this?

This may be a naive answer, but let's try: why wouldn't you have another
emacs-lisp block containing your standard configuration. In that way, you
would simply to have to C-c C-c' it.

#+begin_src dream?
Maybe one could imagine having a hook searching for such a specifically named
block and try to execute it, when switching to that buffer?
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--