[Orgmode] little problem with installing org with el-get

From: yagnesh raghava yakkala
Subject: [Orgmode] little problem with installing org with el-get
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:48:03 +0900

Dear list,

I recently dove into emacs world because of org. This is my first mail
to list so let me thank to Org-mode , Carsten and all contributors.

Now to the problem,

I am trying to follow the Org-mode from the git head using el-get. how
ever its not working as intended. even after el-get-update and
el-get-init , i see org-version is set to 7.1 (I am using emacs from
git repo few days ago built) instead of 7.3 release_7.3xxx dirty.

I think this is nothing to do with my /init.el/. As a work around I
removed org folder from the emacs installation. After doing so it is
showing the correct version which is installed.

I dont know this is a problem with el-get. is anybody using el-get to
maintain your org and other elisp code.

in my init.el I have el-get-sources setup as the following.

(setq el-get-sources
      '(
        (:name magit
               :after (lambda () (global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-z")
'magit-status)))

        (:name org-mode
               :type git
               :url "git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git"
               :info "doc"
               :build ("make clean" "make" "make doc")
               :load-path ("lisp" "contrib/lisp")
               :features org-install)
        (:name smex
               :type git
               :url "http://github.com/nonsequitur/smex.git";)

        (:name el-get
               :type git
               :url "git://github.com/dimitri/el-get.git"
               :features el-get
               :load    "el-get.el")
        ))

Apologies if my terminology and language confuses you.

Regards.,
Yagnesh

PS: I am almost a noob to elisp and even to programming. so please
bear with me. I am sending this from /gnus/ for the first time hoping to
reach the list.