[Orgmode] Re: Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in J

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bastien is going to become the maintainer of Org mode in January
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:26:54 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>> after 7 years of responsibility for Org-mode, it is time for me to let go
>> and step down as the maintainer of Org-mode.
>
> Thank you so much for the immense goodwill and generosity you have daily
> demonstrated in your work on Org-mode and here on this mailing list! I can't
> say thanks enough for all the time you've taken to answer our questions,
> code our requests, and create such a stupendously useful piece of software.

I can't say more than what others already said: just a big thanks for your
amazing piece of software, and all the time you devoted to it, coding or
fixing our questions in a matter of minutes (almost as quick as Lucky Luke).

We will miss your endless commitment into it.

>> I am very excited that I have found Bastien Guerry willing to take over.
>> Bastien has been involved with this project almost from the beginning and I
>> believe he knows more about both the spirit and the technicalities of
>> Org-mode than anybody else.
>
> Congratulations Bastien!

What a huge responsability, to replace the irreplaceable... I wish you the
best, Bastien, in this new role.

Best regards,
  Seb

--