[Orgmode] Re: Habits bug?

From: Robert Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Habits bug?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:29:47 -0500

I tracked down the problem I was seeing.  It's unrelated to habits.  I
just connected it with habits because it affects them, as well as other
things.

The default behavior of the built-in agenda is to set the point in the
agenda to be today.  This is not the default for custom commands.  The
closest that custom commands have is the option to start the agenda with
today.  That is actually what I prefer, so I'm happy with that.  The
resulting org-agenda-custom-commands is

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("h" "Agenda and This Week tasks"
         ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil)))
          (todo "THISWEEK|STARTED")))))

What I was seeing was the non-display of today's calendar grid and
habits due to the point being on another day.  The combination of "d"
and "r" was to get the day set to today, which caused today's calendar
grid and habits to re-appear.

R Horn