[Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Store link in message mode
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:00:07 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

>> If you think --despite of those issues-- it's worth adding the
>> creation of gnus links while in message mode I could provide a patch.
>
> I'm curious how you are able to determine where a message will be filed
> after sending it off.  I mean, you neither have the Message-Id at that
> point (unless that's added to `message-generate-headers-first'),

Touché, good point.  I had set `message-generate-headers-first' to t
ages ago, so obviously I didn't realise that this is not the default.
You are absolutely right that generating the Message-ID during message
setup is a perquisite for creating a link.

It's probably better, to grab all necessary headers after the message
has been sent (and that's what I originally did).  But this means we
cannot use `org-store-link' in message mode and is also impractical when
using `gnus-delay-article'.

Hmmm, thinking about it, maybe `org-store-link' could create the
Message-ID and insert it if it's not already present.  I should have a
look.

> nor do you know the correct group, at least if there are more than one
> in the Gcc header.

With multiple groups in Gcc I currently use the last one ... but it
could also be the first one, all, a user specified or whatever else
seems feasible.

Ulf