Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and blogging to blogger.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:26:33 -0600

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
Well, I spoke too soon.  I don't have a solution.  Here is
what I tried.

 4) John's recipe: c-u c-c c-e R -> perl script -> blogger
    - paragraphs are separated by too many blank lines
    - blogger result attached

Weird -- I just downloaded your org file and exported using C-u C-e R, saving as export.txt, running the perl script, and saving that as the attached. I was already aware of some spacing issues before paragraphs, but was unsure about your extra lines comment. When I run it, I don't show that. Check it out -- I have just one line in between paragraphs.

I also copied the perl from this email just in case it got goofed in translation so I'm confident we're using the same things. I wonder if it's org options? My emacs file has these options for org related stuff:

,-----
| ;; set auto-fill and some keybindings
| (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
| (global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
| (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
|

| ;; set config options: stars, todos, font-lock, C-a/e
| (setq org-hide-leading-stars t)
| (setq org-log-done t)
| (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
| (setq org-blank-before-new-entry '((heading . nil) (plain-list-item . nil)))
| (setq org-special-ctrl-a/e t)
| (setq org-use-speed-commands t)
| (transient-mark-mode 1)
`-----

Could any of these be the culprit? Perhaps org-blank-lines-before-new-entry? Not sure if things like that affect export at all, but just wondered as I pasted it...

John

(defun alpha-unfill-region-or-paragraph ()
 (interactive)
 (let ((fill-column (point-max)))
   (alpha-fill-region-or-paragraph)))
(defun alpha-fill-region-or-paragraph ()
 (interactive)
 (if (hoka-org-region-active-p)
     (call-interactively #'fill-region)
   (fill-paragraph nil)))

John's recipe (I shortcutted with c-u m-|):

 1) Write some stuff
 2) Select it (move to beginning of what you want, C-space,
    move to end of what you want)
 3) C-u C-c C-e R to export that region with no preamble to
    a separate buffer
 4) C-x C-w export.txt
 5) to terminal: perl -pi -e ' s/\R/ /g; s/\<p\>//g;
s/\<\/p\>/\n\n/g;' export.txt
 6) back to emacs: C-x C-f export.txt; type "yes"
 7) M-< to go to front of buffer, C-space, M-> to go to
    end, M-w to copy
 8) Paste into basic blogger edit box
 9) Done

Org source is attached.