Re: [Orgmode] org table export to pdf pagination problem

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org table export to pdf pagination problem
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:09:03 -1000

On Nov 11, 2010, at 7:29 AM, Amit Sethi wrote:

Hi all , I am newbie to the org-mode. I just today to create
a pdf file from the org-table I had. However I found that the page
did not paginate properly and only part of the data that was visible on the
buffer was converted into pdf. I am attaching the org file and the resultant
pdf. May be there is something I am doing wrong here but I really don't know.

P.S My org-mode version is 7.01h

--
A-M-I-T S|S

Aloha A-M-I-T S|S,

By default, the Org-mode LaTeX exporter assumes that the length and width of a table will fit on the printed page.  When this isn't the case, you'll need to override the default settings.  This is discussed in the manual:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables-in-LaTeX-export.html#Tables-in-LaTeX-export

Looking at your pdf output, it appears to me that you will need to use a longtable and set the alignment.  Fields with long entries can be wrapped in LaTeX with, e.g. p{1in}, where the part between the curly braces is a LaTeX length.  You have 9 columns in the table, which might be a bit much for a printed page, but you would need to do something like this: #+ATTR_LaTeX: longtable align=llp{0.5in}p{0.5in}p{0.5in}p{0.5in}p{0.5in}p{0.5in}p{0.5in}, then fiddle with the length values until you have something that works.

hth,
Tom