Re: [Orgmode] Re: value of properties

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: value of properties
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:20:26 +0200

On second thought, I think you want to forget the solution I posted earlier today to your first problem. The sensible Org way to do it would be:

- using headings with TODOs, not list items with checkboxes (as in my earlier example)
- putting the numbers in a property, not the heading text,
- defining a column view,
- capturing the column view as a table in a dynamic block,
and
- adding a formula to that table that will extract and sum only the DONE items.

Thanks again :)

No, it's enough; from your first post I did understand the principles of solving my problem :).

The idea is to get the informations from the org-table(speedsheets), org-list, and other org data  into an emacs-lisp list, and afterwards I can play with the captured data :).

I am investigating now the org functions that capture and that set properties.

I will post a code  after I write the functions that make what I want to do, and for now I am deepen the capabilities of org mode.

Alin.