Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Possible Calc support for Org-Babel?
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 07:24:16 -0600

Alright,

I've just pushed up support for variables.  The following should all
work as expected (or at least as I would expect them to).  Note that
most all of these blocks would have an effect on the calc stack.  I
think the next step would be to allow different sessions to specify
different stacks.

** playing with calc support
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
  (require 'ob-calc)
#+end_src

#+begin_src calc :var some=8
  some
  some
  '*
  1
  '+
#+end_src

#+results:
: 65

#+begin_src calc
  2*(8+8)
#+end_src

#+results:
: 32

#+begin_src calc
  2*e
#+end_src

#+results:
: 5.43656365692

#+begin_src calc :var something=9
  2*something
#+end_src

#+results:
: 18

There are very likely some bugs, and as always I'm eager for a calc
power user to show me the light of how this support could be make more
"calc idiomatic".

Cheers -- Eric