[Orgmode] org-meta-return and lists

From: Tom Short
Subject: [Orgmode] org-meta-return and lists
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:40:21 -0400

With the new list handling mechanism in v7.02, org-meta-return acts
differently for me following lists. If I hit M-RET with the cursor in
the (blank) row or two after a list, it adds another list item.
Before, I'd get a new heading (what I want), and I'd only get another
list item if the cursor is still on a line with a list when I hit
M-RET..

Based on looking at the source of org-insert-heading and
org-in-item-p, I can reduce the behavior to within one empty row after
a list by setting org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists to t. Anyone
know how I can go back to the previous behavior?

* heading
  - list item A
  - list item B
    <- When I hit M-RET here, I'd like a new heading.

- Tom