Re: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentation

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:40:16 +0100

Correction:

Inkscape /does/ convert SVG to EPS with vector format.
Of course.

It also does really nice vector export to PDF.

Apologies all round (and to the nice people at Inkscape in particular), and thanks to Tom Short for setting me straight.

I was fooled by a test drawing that was exported with "fallback" raster images as well as vector graphics. My viewer (Preview) apparently showed them and not the scalable vector version. The fallback images account for the file size I got (I had no text, hence no embedded fonts), and for the pixellated edges when I scaled up the image. (This turned out to be fixable by just opening the EPS in Emacs and cutting out all the fallback images. That also removed transparent parts and gradients.)

I think maybe the use of transparency, which EPS does not support (or am I wrong about that too?) was the reason I saw raster images in the first place. A simple SVG circle was exported to EPS with no fallback.

More on the options here:

http://inkscape.modevia.com/inkscape-man.html

Yours,
Christian