[Orgmode] [bug] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inline ta

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] [bug] two bugs: one with comments and with exporting inline tasks
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:46:19 +0000

Hello,

I have run into two problems.  The first is one which has existed for a long
time as
is somewhat minor: a line consisting of just #+ will be treated as part
of the text.  The regex for comments requires a space but it would be
nice if this weren't required.

The second problem is more serious: exporting to latex when there are
inline tasks does not work.  I believe the problem is due to a
combination of headings being treated as list entries and the
introduction of the new list handling code.

Please see attached files for a full example (org, tex and pdf) and
which includes the version information (org up-to-date as of an hour ago
basically).

Thanks,
eric

% Created 2010-11-02 Tue 10:41
\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage{listings}
\providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}

\title{examplebug.org}
\author{Eric S Fraga}
\date{2010.08.30 14:14:04}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

\section{comments in latex export}
\label{sec-1}

  This is some text that should appear normally.  The next few lines are
  a comment which should not be exported.
\textbf{Immediately} before this sentence is the appearance of \verb=#+= which
should
not be there.  I believe the regex requires a space after the plus
sign but maybe a check for end of line \verb=$= as an alternative to a space
could be used?  I.e. something like \verb=#\+\( |$\)= although I don't know if
that type of expression will work\ldots{}
\section{problem exporting to latex with inline tasks}
\label{sec-2}

I often use inline tasks to help me organise my thoughts as I am
writing long documents.  However, exporting these no longer seems to
work.

\begin{enumerate}
\item[@<span class="todo TODO"> TODO figure out why this doesn't work]
There are two problems with exporting inline tasks:
\item[@<span class="todo TODO"> TODO figure out why this doesn't work]If the
whole document is exported, the inline task headline text is
   inserted into the \verb=[ ]= optional argument for an \verb=\item=,
generating
   something like this:

\begin{verbatim}
    \item[@<span class="todo TODO"> TODO figure out why this doesn't work]
\end{verbatim}

   Further, this text in the \verb=[]= appears in subsequent items as well!
   See the attached \verb=pdf= document.
\item[@<span class="todo TODO"> TODO figure out why this doesn't work]If only
the current subtree is exported, the exported latex ends
   just before the inline task.
\end{enumerate}

I believe both of these problems are related to the new list handling
as I used to be able to export inline tasks perfectly fine in
September.
\section{version information}
\label{sec-3}

\begin{verbatim}
 Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.5.g1197)
 GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
  of 2010-08-14 on raven, modified by Debian
\end{verbatim}

\end{document}

Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D
using Org-mode version 7.02trans (release_7.3.5.g1197) in Emacs version 23.2.1