Re: [Orgmode] options for non-breaking space

From: Sébastien Mengin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] options for non-breaking space
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:09:16 +0200

Le sam. 30/10/10 (10:18:02 -0400), Jeff Horn a écrit :
> > The following question occured to me: how can I have a non-breaking
> > space before ; : ! ? and betweend « and », but only for the HTML export?
> > (the LaTeX French package manages spaces for these signs automatically,
> > inserting not only a non-breaking space but a thinner non-breaking
> > space, which is better in regard of our typographic choices).
>
> I didn't realize HTML had a non-breaking space character.

Yes, it has, that is:

> Rather I supposed all spaces were non-breaking with the overflow
> property turned off for a div.

My turn: I was unaware of such a property -- but I'm not sure it fits
my need.

> I can't imagine when I'd use it, but a non-breaking space in HTML
> would definitely be worth knowing about.

Orgmode is aware of it (just in case you don't know, type C-x 8
<space>).

But, I'd need more granularity at the export time: don't keep
the non-breaking spaces into the latex export for the following symbols,
as mentioned earlier:

Thanks in advance,
Sébastien

--