[Orgmode] Re: Release 7.02

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Release 7.02
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:30:46 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Thanks a lot to you (and all others who made this happen) for this beautiful
new version!!

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Lists handling
> ===============
>
> Due to changes made to lists, it is no longer possible to have a sublist,
> some text and then another sublist while still in the same top-level list
> item, like in the following situation:
>

>   - Some list
>     + A first sublist
>     + of two elements
>
>     A text belonging to the top-level list
>
>     + Then another sublist
>     + and a second element in it
>   - End of main list

Basically, it means that this entry for this entry (about Org Babel) from an
old file of mine (update this morning) does not publish anymore the same way:

* How to view the results

- =C-c C-v C-v= (or =C-c C-v v=) -- View the expanded body of a code block.

- =C-c C-v C-z= -- Switch to the *session* of the current code block (first,
  you need to add =:session= to it).

  Use =C-u C-c C-v C-z= to bring up the session with the input variable
  pre-loaded.

  =C-c C-v z= (=org-babel-switch-to-session-with-code=) is a variant of =C-c
  C-v C-z= (=org-babel-switch-to-session=): instead of switching to the
  session buffer, it splits the window between:

  + the session buffer, and
  + a language major-mode edit buffer for the code block in question.

  This can be convenient for using language major mode for interacting with
  the session buffer.

The last sentence is *not* considered part of the second element of the first
list.

Although I've seen similar constructs in many, many documents, does anyone
know enough rules of style to tell me if this is a wrong way to write things
down?  Or, does some possibility still exist to support this seamlessly?

> Make footnotes work correctly in message-mode
> The footnotes code now searches for the message delimiter "--" in order to
> place footnotes before the signature. Thanks to Tassilo Horn for this patch.

Just a detail: the delimiter is "-- " (space after the dashes).

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban