[Orgmode] Re: Internal links in LaTeX export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Internal links in LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 02:31:09 +0530

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Oct 28, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> "Thomas S. Dye" wrote:
>>> The manual is silent about what happens to external links on export
>>> LaTeX. I'm finding that internal links export to HTML and work as
>>> expected
>>> there. In the pdf file via LaTeX the internal links are colored,
>>> but aren't
>>> active. Is this the expected behavior or am I possibly doing
>>> something that
>>> disables the links on their way to pdf?
>>
>> Internal links always worked for me in PDF, though they more
>> tend(ed) to go
>> to the page rather than really placing me on the section (like what
>> you have
>> in your browser).
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> - Which PDF reader do you use?  That could influence...
>>
>> - Do you want me to test some example file?  If yes, send it here, or
>>  privately to me -- attention for delays due to spammotel, though.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>  Seb
>
> Thanks Seb,
>
> It doesn't appear to be a reader problem.  The links fail in skim and
> acrobat.
>
> I'm getting this in the LaTeX output:
> \href{sec-2_5}{package loading part}
>
> If I read the hyperref documentation correctly, then I think it should
> be:
> \hyperref[sec-2_5]{package loading part}
>
> If I'm right about what the link should look like in LaTeX, and there
> is no obvious reason why I'm not getting it in the LaTeX export, then
> I'll work on finding a minimal example.

Play with this (for now).

,----[ C-h v org-export-latex-hyperref-format RET ]
| org-export-latex-hyperref-format is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
| Its value is "\\href{%s}{%s}"
|
| Documentation:
| A printf format string to be applied to hyperref links.
| The format must contain two %s instances.  The first will be filled with
| the link, the second with the link description.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

This is a regression. release-7.01h is good. HEAD is bad. I get the
following line with release-7.01h.

  Links to \hyperref[sec-1]{Heading1}

Jambunathan K.