[Orgmode] epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] epresent and Org-mode: using Emacs to run presentations of Org-mode docs
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:35:23 -0600

Hi,

Phil Hagelberg recently introduced me to epresent.el by Tom Tromey.
It's a very nice little utility for giving presentations using Emacs as
the display engine.  Obviously I was aghast to learn that epresent
didn't work with Org-mode documents.  I took the liberty of reworking it
so that it runs off of Org-mode documents and uses Org-mode both to
structure the presentation and to handle most of the fancy display
elements.

This re-working was mainly a series of quick hacks, and is certainly not
"mature" in any way.  But I think it is usable in it's current state for
running simple presentations, and thought it may be interesting or of
use to people here.  If you're interested check out the example
presentation included in the source code repository.

http://github.com/eschulte/epresent
(instructions in the README)

Best -- Eric