[Orgmode] [WISH] Org Importers

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] [WISH] Org Importers
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:07:49 +0530

Eric

> However, what would be ideal would be if there were a tool which would
> take a Word document with /track changes/ and generate a patch file for
> a text version of that document...  that could then provide some
> mechanism for getting changes back into an org document (modulo problems
> with line re-arrangements unfortunately).  Just a pipe dream...

If you allow me some liberty, the suggestion is in two parts

1. Word/Pdf/Latex->Org converter
2. Change tracking within Org

For most of us who write or work with copious amount of text, (1) could
really be useful. If it gains sufficient escape velocity it can land us
in a far off galaxy. (2) could be useful but a bit far-fetched at the
moment.

I have suggested or hinted elsewhere (in a babel thread) the need for
importing in to Org from other formats.

Jambunathan K.