Re: [Orgmode] Control loading org-mode

From: Louis Turk
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Control loading org-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:24:24 +0800

 On 10/27/2010 01:24 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Louis Turk<address@hidden>  wrote:

   Hi Nick,

Thanks for responding.

On 10/27/2010 12:16 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Louis Turk<address@hidden>   wrote:

    Is there any way to prevent org-agenda files from loading except when
visiting files with the org extension?

Care to be a bit more explicit?

Thanks,
Nick

I'm trying to implement this: http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

Everything is fine the first time I load emacs. But if I load a second
instance of emacs I get an error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-locked "/home/lat/org/refile.org"
"address@hidden (pid 8146)")
    signal(file-locked ("/home/lat/org/refile.org" "address@hidden (pid
8146)"))
    byte-code("\306\211\211G\307V\203

This is very irritating, as I often have 4 or 5 instances of emacs open
at the same time.

So, it would be much better for me is org-mode code didn't try to load
at all except when I visit a file with the org extension.

Is that possible?

You probably have a call to org-agenda or org-agenda-list somewhere in
your initialization file(s). Some people like that because it brings the
agenda up when emacs is started, but it does lead to the problem you
encounter. Eliminate it from your init file(s) and make it a habit to
invoke org-agenda or org-agenda-list explicitly: if you followed the
manual, the former is bound to C-c a  and the latter is invoked through
the "a" key in the agenda dispatcher; since I usually start with that,
I bind it to a convenient key combination -<f7>  <f7>  in my case (<f7>
is a prefix for a bunch of org-related keys).

HTH,
Nick

You were right. That fixed it! Many thanks!

Lou