Re: [Orgmode] Re: struggling with simple indentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: struggling with simple indentation
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:25:51 +0200

On Oct 26, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,
Rainer Stengele writes:

Sometime I do save some an email body text under an org item.
Pasting the text under "item" leads to

* heading
 - item
E-Mail body text line1
E-Mail body text line2

Now I cannot use C-j of course. How do I easily get

* heading
 - item
   E-Mail body text line1
   E-Mail body text line2

There is no way for Org to guess what you have in mind here (and this
is why I don't like that much the "indent" method in
`org-list-ending-method').

I think it would be OK to modify the indentation code to
do the most useful thing in this case, which is indenting
to under the list.  Is is OK to put the burden for
terminating list by indentation on the user.  The reason why
I wanted this was mostly so that old files still publish
the same way.  I myself has switched to leave two empty
lines to terminate my lists and enjoy the consistent
indentation that results from this.

- Carsten

In your situation, I would use C-x r o with an adequate rectangle
selection. After all, we are _also_ in Emacs.

Regards,

-- Nicolas