Re: [Orgmode] TikZ to separate file (babel?) possible?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] TikZ to separate file (babel?) possible?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:21:49 -0500

Followup question. I have an existing diagram I had already exported to PDF via LaTeX, taken a screenshot of, and used in a presentation. I tried the same diagram with the new method and am having issues with the font. The original org file is like this:

---( File_1.org -> embedded LaTeX )---
#+latex_header: \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{shapes,positioning,arrows}
#+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{lmodern}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{cmss}

* Section

#+begin_latex

+++ TikZ code is here +++

#+end_latex

---( End File_1.org )---

My file using this new method is like this:

---( File_2.org -> exports TikZ to separate PDF via babel/LaTeX )---
#+latex_header: \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{shapes,positioning,arrows}
#+latex_header: \usepackage[hmargin=2.5cm,vmargin=2.5cm]{geometry}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{lmodern}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{cmss}

* Section

#+begin_src latex :file flow-chart.pdf :packages '(("" "tikz")) :border 1em

+++ TikZ code is here +++

#+end_src

---( End File_2.org )---

In my first file, the entire font is latin modern (sans-serif). Header, title, author, and all TikZ diagram text.

In the second, only the header is (if I export the whole thing), but not the text in my TikZ nodes. Why is the babel block ignoring the document font setting?

Thanks,
John