Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:55:13 +0200

> OK, I will use class.  I could make a special case for the docbook
> exporter......

+1

>> Having to set /anything/ on each cell just to align a column is not optimal
>> either, but since some browsers don't honor colgroups, it's  the most robust
>> way.

How refer to all right-aligned `td' elements in a certain tables without
some special attribute anyway.  `class' preferred since this is CSS2 and
will work in commen browsers.  I'm not sure how which browsers will
understand  the selector  `table#special td[align="right"] {...}'.

BTW: Org mode's exports to XHTML, not HTML 4.01 or HTML 5 (which is a
proposal, not a "standard" or recommendation yet).  Still,
'<td align="right">' is valid XHTML, too.