Re: [Orgmode] Proposal: delete on DONE

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Proposal: delete on DONE
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:29:40 +0200

On Oct 24, 2010, at 10:27 PM, George Pearson wrote:

I would like to suggest a feature in which, when a task is marked done,
the task is deleted, i.e. no trace of it remains.

I have a number of tasks to do (e.g. "reply to Jeff's email") that I
have NO need to have a record of performing.  Currently, these DONE
tasks just pile up in my org files and I need to go manually through
and delete them, a time consuming process.

Would be nice to mark these tasks "delete on done" when created, and
this "flag" could be checked in the "done" processing.  Perhaps the
logging property could be used, or is there a better way?

Unfortunately, I have no lisp programming experience to speak of...

You can just press C-k in the agenda to kill a task instead of marking it done. This seems to be more direct than wasting the time to mark them first....

- Carsten