Re: [Orgmode] Minor docstring bug: org-footnote-goto-previous-reference

From: T.F. Torrey
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Minor docstring bug: org-footnote-goto-previous-reference
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 00:26:17 -0700

> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 08:57:35 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Minor docstring bug:
>       org-footnote-goto-previous-reference
> From: Noorul Islam <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: Org Mode <address@hidden>
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The docstring for the command "org-footnote-goto-previous-reference" is
> >
> >   Find the next previous of the footnote with label LABEL.
> >
> > ...which I can't actually parse.
> >
> > "Find the (immediately) previous reference to the footnote with label
> > LABEL."
> >
> > Is that better?
> >

> Patch is attached. I modified it a bit.

Noorul,

Actually, your modification makes it grammatically incorrect. The word
"immediately" is to modify the adjective "previous", and in English, an
adjective needs to be modified by an adverb. So, "immediately previous"
would be correct, but "immediate previous" is not.

Trying to be helpful, not merely nit-picking,
Terry