Re: [Orgmode] capture initial "level" and refile of capture buffer

From: Noorul Islam
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] capture initial "level" and refile of capture buffer
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:12:48 +0530

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:

> What determines the level of a new capture element? e.g I just created
> one and it started at "****".
>
> feature request : when I added some sub elements to a capture buffer e.g
>
> * my new capture
>
> ** sub point
>
> *** sub sub point 1
> *** sub sub point 2
>
> and hit C-c C-w to refile, it only refiled the sub element (where cursor
> was) and then lost the rest. I would like to suggest that refile from
> the capture buffer should refile the entire buffer and not only the
> "current nested org item". Or am I missing something in my setup?

On my box I have this observation.

If I have something like this in my capture buffer

* TODO Test

* my new capture

** sub point

*** sub sub point 1
*** sub sub point 2

and if I press C-c C-w at the last line (*** sub sub point 2) and
refile it to refile.org then what I get in refile.org is this

* TODO Test

* my new capture

** sub point

*** sub sub point 1
* sub sub point 2

The last one's level got changed.
I have latest pull from git repo.

Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.833.g21ad0)
GNU Emacs 23.2.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2010-06-08 on sajida

Thanks and Regards
Noorul