Re: [Orgmode] Invisible parent tasks (request)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Invisible parent tasks (request)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:54:37 +0200

On Oct 22, 2010, at 2:46 PM, Magnus Nilsson wrote:

Dear all,

When using Getting Things Done, it would be nice to customize org- mode such that parent tasks are not seen from the agenda view with "C-a t"...
...unless all subtasks are in a done state!

A variable like org-show-parent-tasks could perhaps be introduced.

I know that org-enforce-todo-dependencies can make the parents text gray in the agenda view, but I haven't found a way to make the parent tasks not show.

The manual says:

> If you set the variable org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks,
> TODO entries that cannot be
> closed because of such dependencies will be shown in a
> dimmed font or even made invisible
> in agenda views (see Chapter 10 [Agenda Views], page 83).

If you look at the mentioned variable, you will find out that you
can set it to `invisible'.

- Carsten