[Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails

From: suvayu ali
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A few questions about how you write e-mails
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:07:22 -0700

Hi Matthias,

On 22 October 2010 05:27, Matthias Danzl <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 10:10 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> On 20 October 2010 20:40, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Given the mangling that mailers do to replies (e.g. the idiotic default
>>> top posting of Thunderbird and its ilk), how they handle signatures, and
>>> the non-standard nature of signatures themselves, I'd say this is pretty
>>> much hopeless.
>>
>> After our discussion yesterday, I did some research. Didn't find
>> anything +ve. I am considering switching to mutt. :)
>
> Hello!!
>
> I didn't read the entire thread on this, but I like to add that Thunderbird
> can be customized in where and how it posts the original message in replies
> (Account Settings -> Composition). AND it has support for an external
> editor [0]. I'm using Thunderbird 3 + emacs. You even can use a single
> Profile
> cross-platform!
>
> However, thanks for boxquote.el, it's pretty nice!
>
> [0] http://globs.org/articles.php?pg=2&lng=en Download and install "External
> Editor" and set it to launch a simple emacsclient

I have been using External Editor, tbemail.el and emacsclient for many
months now. Its great, better than before. But still it leaves me
wanting for more Emacs integration. My recent search for an emailer
started when I realised Thunderbird's attachment facility is pretty
much beyond my control.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu