Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:32:30 +0200

On Oct 20, 2010, at 7:16 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

Is there a way to specify a particular column in org-mode that will be
exported right-aligned in HTML?

| A | B | C |
| 1 | 2 | 3 |

For the table above, I would like column C right aligned when I export
to HTML, but the other column aligned in the default way (left
aligned?).

I think this is supposed to work but it seems the exporters do not
honour the alignment details.

| A   | B   |   C |
| 1   | 2   |   3 |
| 12  | 13  | 300 |
| 9   | 11  |   4 |

I have now fixed this issue, at least for the HTML exporter.

1. The HTML exporter now puts a style attribute onto each
   individual field to make sure the field is aligned correctly.
   Many Browsers need this, as pointed out by Sebastian.
   If you do not like this overhead, you can configure
   org-export-html-table-align-individual-fields.  If you
   do, the alignment will still be noted in the column tags,
   handled correctly by Opera, but not by Firefox and Safari.

2. The HTML exporter will also honor a "<c>" cookie.  Note that
   this will not change anything inside an Org buffer - this would
   be complex to implement because of all the extra magic Org does
   with limited column width etc etc.

3. The LaTeX exporter does not yet honor <c>, while it does honor
   <l> and <r>.  The reason for this is that currently the vector
   remembering the alignment is a vector of booleans, and larger
   changes are necessary in order to allow for a third value.
   This will come, but I do not have the time today.

Eric and Dan,

please take note of this change and make sure that the Babel routines
do not get in trouble by this new cookie.

Baoqiu,

(or any other users of the docbook exporter)
I am not sure if the docbook format has suffered from this change,
could you please run a few tests involving tables and report back?

Jeff, thanks for kicking this threat off, this is a nice improvement.

Cheers

- Carsten

Cheers

Regards,