Re: [Orgmode] numbered outlines?

From: David Rogoff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] numbered outlines?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:25:36 -0700

Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Oct 21, 2010, at 3:02 AM, David Rogoff wrote:

Thanks - that might do the job.  Native would be best, of course.

This could be implemented as a little module.  One could just
run through the outline and put overlays on the stars showing the numbers.

Looking for a fun little project, anyone? :-)
I'd do it, but I'm a hardware guy and my elisp expertise is really minimal!

- Carsten

Jeff Horn wrote:

I don't know if it is an ideal solution, but you can export to ASCII
using `C-c C-e a` which will dump an ascii text file with the name
"filename.txt" into the same directory as "filename.org".

Outlines will have numbers in the text file.

HTH,
Jeff