[Orgmode] Org-Mode as authoring tool for Moodle courses

From: Gruenderteam Berlin
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-Mode as authoring tool for Moodle courses
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:05:48 +0200

Hello,
beeing still in the process of learning the amazing org-mode, I wonder if somebody has tried to use org-mode's publishing capacities as an authoring tool for the Online Learning Platform Moodle (http://www.moodle.org/), as a replacement for GUI-tools like eXeLearning (http://www.exelearning.org/)?

eXeLearning is described as follows:
"" The eXe project developed a freely available Open Source authoring application to assist teachers and academics in the publishing of web content without the need to become proficient in HTML or XML markup. Resources authored in eXe can be exported in IMS Content Package, SCORM 1.2, or IMS Common Cartridge formats or as simple self-contained web pages.""

org-mode definitely can publish self contained web-pages, and I guess all the functionality needed to to publish the other formats is already there. It would be extremely beneficial and efficient to be able to write whole moodle-courses in org-mode, maybe having some templates/stylesheets for typical course formats like the above mentioned IMS and SCORM (and others mentioned in the moodle manual: social format, topics format, weekly format).

I would be very interested if somebody could share previous experiences about using org-mode for authoring moodle-courses.
Since moodle is very popular, and online learning becomes increasingly important, beeing the most efficient authoring tool for moodle could potentially gain a lot of attention for org-mode.
Thanks
Thorsten