Re: [Orgmode] specify font for pdf export?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] specify font for pdf export?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:29:36 -0400

Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have to submit documents for a grant application in Times New Roman 12
> point font with margins of 3/4".  Is it trivial to specify these values for
> the text in a pdf output?  Also, is it ever possible to omit author, title,
> and date lines in a pdf?  doing so is an absolute requirement of the
> granting agency.    If need be I will simply make these modifications post
> facto in openoffice, but a direct org export would be much neater.

You should be able to just do

#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [12pt]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{times}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{geometry}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \geometry{....}
#+TITLE:

with some geometry specification for the margins (I can't get my hands
on geometry documentation right now, so I can't fill in that blank).

The empty title option omits the title page altogether: is that
what you want?

There is also the question of what Times New Roman is: is that the
default Times font that's built in to every Postscript printer out
there or is that some M$ abomination that they've arbitrarily stuck
onto the requirements? When I produce a PDF with the above options
and look at its properties with acroread, the fonts it shows are
Nimbus which I think are the Times clones that are distributed with
ghostscript. If it is *that* important, you should probably check
the PDF file that's produced for conformance.

HTH,
Nick