[Orgmode] Bug: ordered lists after unordered

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug: ordered lists after unordered
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:29:38 -0700

Hello all,

I think I've found a bug with the way org-meta-return behaves. I
occasionally need to follow an unordered list by an ordered list,
without any intervening text.  For example:

* Some heading
  - unordered
  - unordered
  - unordered

  1) ordered

I normally use M-<return> (org-meta-return) to add a new item to a list.
But in this kind of situation, using M-<return> to insert the next
ordered list item displays the message "Not in an item" and modifies the
above lists to look like this:

* Some heading
  1  - unordered
  - unordered
  - unordered

  1) ordered

  1)

And point ends up after the first "1", before the first "-" in the
unordered list.

(If the ordered and unordered lists are reversed, M-<return> doesn't act
quite so strangely, though it does convert any items in the unordered
list into ordered list items.  This might be a feature; but it's not the
behavior I personally would prefer.)

I am using Org version 7.01trans.

Thanks!

Best,