[Orgmode] Tilde in URL not exported to latex

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: [Orgmode] Tilde in URL not exported to latex
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:02:11 +0100

With the following file (a.tex):

* Intro

This is an example file that I would like to export
Note that the URL has a tilde in it.

  http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~leisch/Sweave/FAQ.html

When I do "C-c C-e d" in this buffer, the latex -> pdf exporter displays
a pdf, but I see that the tilde in the URL appears above the following
character (l).  If I click on the link it works just fine and takes me
to the page.

In the tex file, I see it has been exported as:

  \href{http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~leisch/Sweave/FAQ.html}
{http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/\~leisch/Sweave/FAQ.html}

(my line breaking added). Is the above expected behaviour?  Do I have to
mark up my URLs differently?  Org mode recognises it as a url, judging
by the font locking.

I often use url to format URLs, i.e. this works just fine:
  \url{http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~leisch/Sweave/FAQ.html}

Thanks, Stephen