Re: [Orgmode] Re: full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks ag

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: full production use of org-mode: time to say thanks again!
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:45:00 -0400

>> I suppose the advantage of inline tasks is that they appear even when the
>> document is folded?
>
> I don't have that behavior. When folded, I only see:
>
> - all level-1 headlines, or
> - all headlines (after second S-TAB)
>
> Did I miss some customization?

No, I think I just misunderstood the quoted commentary from org-inlinetask.el:

;; Visibility cycling exempts these nodes from cycling.  So whenever their
;; parent is opened, so are these tasks.  This will only work with
;; `org-cycle', so if you are also using other commands to show/hide
;; entries, you will occasionally find these tasks to behave like
;; all other outline nodes, seemingly splitting the text of the parent
;; into children.

It is clearer to me now. I would watch an FAQ or short tutorial, if
one were to be produced.

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
address@hidden
address@hidden

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/