[Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:55:53 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> I don't have in mind full fontification like we now have in Org. No: *just
>> the basic yellow background*, so that code blocks are outstanding in any
>> mail, exactly *like it is now* but for the "cut here" markers (or "v+/v-").
>
> While we're at it, why not go all the way to full fontification code block
> fontification? Is the current code in org-src portable enough to be applied
> to this (or maybe be applied whenever org-struct mode is enabled)?

Yes, we can!?

No idea... Maybe David could answer on such a topic?

>> Though, I don't know where to begin... Can some Org/Gnus expert give a
>> hint?
>
> This strays out of my narrow areas of expertise, but I hereby throw my +1
> onto the request.

Playing a bit around, I've succeeded to make it work for the blocks, and
almost for the results.

Add the following to your =.gnus=:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (add-to-list 'mm-uu-type-alist
                   '(org-babel-block
                     "^#\\+begin_src"
                     "^#\\+end_src"
                     (lambda nil
                       (mm-uu-verbatim-marks-extract 0 0))
                     nil))
      (add-to-list 'mm-uu-type-alist
                   '(org-babel-results
                     "^#\\+results:"
                     "\n\n"
                     (lambda nil
                       (mm-uu-verbatim-marks-extract 0 0))
                     nil))
      (mm-uu-configure)
#+end_src

If anybody can help for the results part... I must admit I've more cloned
existing parts than really understood every bit...

What'd be an good extra is the colorization of such =org-verbatim= strings...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban