Re: [Orgmode] Exporting #+lob

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting #+lob
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:17:42 -1000

Aloha Eric Fraga,

Is it OK with you to put a modified version of the emacs-lisp code for LaTeX GANTT charts in the Library of Babel?  I agree with Eric S. (see below) that this would be the best location for it in the context of org-article.cls.

You can see my version of your code here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/article-class.php#sec-3_4_5_1

My changes to your code were minor.

1) I've taken off the header arguments.   AFAICT, header arguments in the Library of Babel aren't used as the defaults when the function is called, so there is no reason to have them there in this context.

2) I've taken out the code that generates #+begin_latex and #+end_latex.  This makes it possible to use the function in the Org-mode buffer:

#+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttesttable) :results output latex

and also within a LaTeX source code block:

#+lob: elispgantt(table=gantttesttable) :results output raw

Thanks very much for the useful code, BTW.  We're writing an annotated bibliography of Hawaiian history at work and I'm pretty sure we can use a GANTT chart to show a timeline of historians over the last century and a half.

All the best,
Tom